2018 Open Endurance Series
Trackdays.ie co-owner Rob King has taken on an extra challenge for 2018 and that is the set up running of a brand new racing championship in Ireland called the OPEN ENDURANCE SERIES. The new endurance series is open to virtually all closed-wheel cars and might be of interest to a selection of our track day customers keen to get involved in Motorsport. Visit www.openendurance.ie for more info or read on.....
What Is It? The Open Endurance Series offers an exciting and unique race format in Ireland for 2018. The series consists of 7 rounds, 5 of which are 50 minute endurance races and 2 of which are 15 minute sprint races. The endurance races feature a mandatory pitstop which can include a driver change, giving competitors the option of shared or solo drive. The exciting new format will offer
- More seat time & better value for money
- Less time away from home
- Less down-time
- A wide variety of exciting cars including saloons, rally cars, sports & GT.
- A test of strategy, teamwork, mental and physical endurance.
- Winners prize fund
- New opportunities for media, marketing, social media interaction & sponsorships
- Saloon Cars up to 2000cc
- Saloon Cars over 2000cc
- Seat Supercup Cars
- Sports, GT & Invitational
Race Format: 15 Minute qualifying session followed by a 50 minute endurance race with rolling start. (if double driving both drivers must complete a minimum of 3 laps within the 15 minute qualifying session) During the pitstop:Entry Fees:
- If double driving, the driver change over must happen. The driver may be assisted by one team member.
- If solo driving, the driver must exit the car and then get back in again. The driver may be assisted by one team member.
- The car must be stationary, with all 4 wheels on the ground while the driver change is taking place
- No work may take place on the car while the driver change is taking place
- No refuelling is allowed
- No tyre changing is allowed unless for wets/dry’s
- Mondello Park: €425 – 20 min Qualifying + 50 min race (€212.50 if double driving)
- Kirkistown: TBC
- Bishopscourt: £330 (€372.90) – 30 mins free practice + 20 min Qualifying + 50 min race (£165 (€186.45) if double driving)
Tyre Usage: The Open Endurance Series is supported by Yokohama Tyres and an attractive incentive to use Yokohama tyres will be put in place either by way of a discount, reward or voucher. For year 1 the option to use any tyre brand is available to all competitors, the only stipulation is that no other tyre manufacturers branding should be displayed on the car. For year 2 it may be a stipulation that to register for championship points, Yokohama Tyres must be used. The SEAT Supercup class are restricted to the use of 2 new tyres per weekend. All other classes are free.
2018 Race Calendar: