Deox-C is a crystalline, 100% active corrosion removal product formulated for the removal of corrosion products from steel, stainless steel and most ferrous materials. This product when dissolved in tap water, produces a bath of powerful rust removing liquid.
Deox-C is extremely economical, for example just 1 kilogram of Deox-C makes up to 20 litres of powerful rust removing bath. It will remove very heavy corrosion, but is safe to use on even the most delicate items. It is suitable for any object that can be completely immersed.
Deox-C is harmless, non-toxic and biodegradable.
Abrasive cleaning methods such as grinding, sanding or blast-cleaning will remove sound steel surrounding corroded areas. The risk of grit inclusion resultant from blast-cleaning, has been proven to cause early coating failure, corrosion and mechanical wear.
Slag-based blast cleaning media all contain heavy metals which, when used in open-nozzle blast-cleaning equipment, liberate dust that may contain harmful levels of these elements.
Use of Deox-C will eliminate the risk of distortion to thin steel sections, which can result from the blast-cleaning process.
Unlike abrasive methods, being a liquid, Deox-C penetrates into any crevices and flaws to remove corrosion completely.
How To Use
1) This cam shaft is from a Junkers 88 world war II combat aircraft crashed
3rd march 1943 in Burnham Essex England and buried until 25th august 1985.
Severe corrosion had occurred during the 41 year burial period.
2) Deox-C solutions can be varied in strength from 5-20%. For the heavy corrosion
on the cam shaft a 10% solution was made by adding 1 part powder to 9 parts water –
3) The geared end is submerged into the crystal clear Deox-C bath.
4) After a 12 hour period at room temperature the solution has turned pale yellow.
A Deox-C bath gets darker with use and is only exhausted when it’s completely black.
5) By gently agitating the surface with a stiff -bristled brush any corrosion deposit
clinging by surface tension is released.
6) The resulting surface is microscopically clean and ready for coating,
plating or preservation.